The Children's Cooperative Playschool is currently closed . Our annual Silent Auction has moved online! To bid on items click here. The Playschool will remain closed until further notice and registration will re-open at a later date.
We look forward to re-opening and seeing our wonderful friends and teachers again!
The Children’s Cooperative Playschool is a small Chapel Hill preschool with a home-like atmosphere and a low child-to-teacher ratio. We are a group of about 45 families who wish to actively participate in our children’s early school experience. The Co-op preschool has been in existence for over 45 years serving families in the Chapel Hill/Durham area. We offer a family-oriented early learning experience for children eighteen months to five years of age. We strive to provide a safe, nurturing, and accepting environment in which children are encouraged to develop social, emotional, cognitive, and motor skills through play. The Playschool admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
- We are located at the intersection of Pope and Ephesus Church Road right on the border of Chapel Hill and Durham.
- Our preschool year runs from late-August through early June.
- Our hours are from 9am to 1pm Monday through Friday.
- We are closed for a two-week winter break and a one-week spring break. In addition, the school closes for federal holidays and occasional teacher workdays.
- The Playschool offers a separate 8-week summer camp session.
- Tours for the 2020-2021 school year will begin in October
Children's Cooperative Playschool former member, Kelly Reilly, shared her family's experience at the co-op in the News & Observer: