We are settling into our school routine and I would like to thank everyone for their patience and support as we transition into our classrooms! I would like to say a special thank you to all of our teachers for making this school year possible (literally!). They have worked so hard and their commitment to our children is amazing. Thank you!!!!!
I have a couple of announcements:
1) I have attached an updated roster to this email. It doesn't format that well going from google docs to docx form, but I think it should be ok. Let me know if you can't open it. I can place a hard copy in your file--just let me know if you would like this.
2) We have a change in our school calendar: OUR MEMBERSHIP MEETING WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER 20TH INSTEAD OF SEPTEMBER 13TH. It will be held at 7:00 pm at the co-op. LET KINSEY KNOW IF YOU WILL NEED CHILDCARE FOR THE MEETING!
3) The teachers have asked that I communicate a couple of reminders:
-please be aware of pick-up time! Our teachers are cleaning their rooms now and need the entire 30 minute block from 1-1:30 for cleaning and setting up their rooms for the next day. If your child is still eating upon your arrival know that the teachers all begin lunch around 12:30, so your child hasplenty of time to eat! If they are still eating when you arrive at 1, please take them to the deck picnic table or the playground if you would like them to continue eating.
-please be accessible to us by phone during school hours. We have been unsuccessful in several attempts trying to contact parents. When we need to talk to you, we need you!
4) Don't forget to check your folders. Also, tuition goes in the black box on the front table next to folders. One more thing: if you need to get papers back to me, please place them in my folder if I am unavailable.
5) Key fobs are working now. If you have trouble, please see me! You will need to push the door in then pull for the door latch to release.
6) Please join me in welcoming the following new families to our community who have joined us recently:
The Rohacs family. Cassidy is a Rainbow.
The Fisher family. Ruby is a Dewdrop.
The Zhang family. Sue is a Ladybug.
The Costales family. Gabriel is a Rainbow and Liam is a Ladybug.
7) Upcoming events: CPR training for subs 9/10
Membership meeting: 9/20
Parent social TBD (soon! :))
Consignment Sale most likely 10/6
8) There is a playstructure that a co-op family is willing to donate to our school. We need a truck or larger van to transport it from their home in Chapel Hill to the co-op. Please let me know if you can help with this!
9) We will start our Mystery Reader program soon. Look for information to be emailed shortly.
That is surely enough for now. I want to hear from you--let me know how things are going. We are thrilled to be home!