We are settling into our school routine and I would like to thank everyone for their patience and support as we transition into our classrooms! I would like to say a special thank you to all of our teachers for making this school year possible (literally!). They have worked so hard and their commitment to our children is amazing. Thank you!!!!!
I have a couple of announcements:
1) I have attached an updated roster to this email. It doesn't format that well going from google docs to docx form, but I think it should be ok. Let me know if you can't open it. I can place a hard copy in your file--just let me know if you would like this.
2) We have a change in our school calendar: OUR MEMBERSHIP MEETING WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER 20TH INSTEAD OF SEPTEMBER 13TH. It will be held at 7:00 pm at the co-op. LET KINSEY KNOW IF YOU WILL NEED CHILDCARE FOR THE MEETING!
3) The teachers have asked that I communicate a couple of reminders:
-please be aware of pick-up time! Our teachers are cleaning their rooms now and need the entire 30 minute block from 1-1:30 for cleaning and setting up their rooms for the next day. If your child is still eating upon your arrival know that the teachers all begin lunch around 12:30, so your child hasplenty of time to eat! If they are still eating when you arrive at 1, please take them to the deck picnic table or the playground if you would like them to continue eating.
-please be accessible to us by phone during school hours. We have been unsuccessful in several attempts trying to contact parents. When we need to talk to you, we need you!
4) Don't forget to check your folders. Also, tuition goes in the black box on the front table next to folders. One more thing: if you need to get papers back to me, please place them in my folder if I am unavailable.
5) Key fobs are working now. If you have trouble, please see me! You will need to push the door in then pull for the door latch to release.
6) Please join me in welcoming the following new families to our community who have joined us recently:
The Rohacs family. Cassidy is a Rainbow.
The Fisher family. Ruby is a Dewdrop.
The Zhang family. Sue is a Ladybug.
The Costales family. Gabriel is a Rainbow and Liam is a Ladybug.
7) Upcoming events: CPR training for subs 9/10
Membership meeting: 9/20
Parent social TBD (soon! :))
Consignment Sale most likely 10/6
8) There is a playstructure that a co-op family is willing to donate to our school. We need a truck or larger van to transport it from their home in Chapel Hill to the co-op. Please let me know if you can help with this!
9) We will start our Mystery Reader program soon. Look for information to be emailed shortly.
That is surely enough for now. I want to hear from you--let me know how things are going. We are thrilled to be home!
The date of membership meeting has been changed! The meeting will be on Thursday, September 20th--not September 13th! At 7:00 pm! In our new, beautiful building!
Please make a note of it!
We are looking forward to the start of school and our Family Fun Day!
We need some help to finish up! Instead of having a formal work-time, I am asking that anyone with a little time on their hands come in at their convenience Wed-Fri and help us!
Here are the things that need to be done:
1 )Paint the hallway at end of house another coat of purple.
2 )Paint the touch ups blue in the main room.
3) Trim out the hallway and doorways.
4) Stain the thresholds at all doorways.
5) Take a load to the dump or to the 2nd hand place (items will be on the street).
6) Clean the bathrooms. (floors need sweeping, and mopping).
7) Sweep or vacuum the hallways and main room and clean baseboard.
8) Put up the outlet covers over our outlets and switches with screws and screwdriver.
9) Plant some flowers in our 3 pots (2 in carport and 1 next to ramp).
I will place this list on the front window. All needed supplies will be on the front table. Paint and brushes (rollers) will be by the areas needing paint. Please initial a job after you complete it. I need to know if you plan to help, so I can manage expectations and also let you know where to find the keys. :)
A huge thank you to everyone for all of their hard work. The place looks great!!!!
This Saturday from 3:30-5:00 is our Family Fun Day and Open House. We are introducing one of our new fundraisers--our legacy tile wall!!! And we will be showing off our new renovated space. There will be games for the kids, a bouncy house, and yummy watermelon. Stop by and visit with old and new friends and meet our newest addition to our teaching staff--Melissa Ervin!
Everyone should have received an invitation in the mail. Please rsvp if you haven't done so already. Thank you--we can't wait to get this year started!!
Hello to all of our former, current, and new Co-op families!
I wanted to give you an update on the renovation project! The house is being transformed -- and the contractor work is almost complete. They are still finishing up some electrical, plumbing, and carpentry, but we are on track to be completed with the main renovation in mid-July.
However, now the fun begins for us. We have committed to priming and painting the walls, new doors, new door frames, etc. My immediate need is to start priming some of the newly sheet-rocked rooms and door frames. My target is for the building to be completely painted and finished by July 31st, so we can start getting organized and moving August 1st!
I know it is a busy holiday week, but I am asking for volunteers to come help start the process this Monday night. I would like it to be a kids-free zone, in hopes that we can make some serious progress in a short amount of time. So, please rsvp if you or a friend or family member can help!
When: Monday, July 2nd
Where: our beautiful new house
What time: 6-8:30
Why: Because we love this place!!!
BRING: Rollers, pans, brushes (I'll have a few--and of course will have the primer. I will also have bottled water and watermelon for refreshment!)
Save some time between July 20th-31st. I will be emailing a July work schedule out this weekend with several opportunities for you to help. Hope you are enjoying a fantastic summer!! Stay cool!
Thank you for your understanding during this transitional time at the co-op.
The majority of the membership has approved the hiring of the architect to prepare plans as we explore the possibility
of Ephesus. As this is being researched, we are moving forward with our plans to move to Pilgrim. We will be meeting
with them this month.
I want to reach out to the community in regards to deadlines, enrollment, etc. I have heard from most of your
in regards to your plans for next year. Please let me know if you haven't already: 1) if you intend to stay with the co-op,
2) if you intend to leave, or 3) if you simply don't know at this time! Even if you are on the fence, I need to know
that as I start planning the classrooms for next year.
As a response to feedback and in light of developments, the Board has decided to extend the deadline to hold your space
until May 4th. In addition, we will begin enrolling new families on our wait list mid-late April.
If you have individual issues or need to talk, please come see me! I hope everyone is enjoying spring break!
Well, Spring Break is here. Let me remind everyone that we are off next week (2nd-6th, spring break) and the following Monday (9th, workday).
I hope everyone enjoys their time away from school! Also, don't forget there is a workday scheduled on April 24th--a Tuesday! On the calendar, it is a
Field Trip day!
I sent out an email yesterday calling for casual meetings prior to pick-up for yesterday and today. About half of the families came and I appreciate that. For those that weren't able to make it, here is a summary of what we discussed:
1. The board has been given an unexpected opportunity to re-examine upfitting Ephesus.
2. We have an experienced architect and contractor (who are well connected in Chapel Hill and have a co-op connection) who think this can be done at a smaller cost and scope as the previous architect (who didn't visit the site). He would like to prepare a comprehensive set of plans to take to the Town of Chapel Hill. He will charge hourly, but is asking for a $3,000 retainer to get this project started.
3. We are still moving agressively forward with the Pilgrim plan. However, the Board thinks that this money might be well spent to truly know that Ephesus may or may not be an option--(esp. given the light of the current real estate market). Please note that this would continue the gathering of information of Ephesus as a viable option for our future--this doesn't imply that we are changing course from Pilgrim.
4. What does the membership think about spending this money in order to keep investigating Ephesus?
If you haven't weighed in and would like to, please send an email to me or any of the Board members. To date, I have received feedback that it seems like a good idea to invest the money to ensure that we can/can't keep our old home on the table. However, it has been made clear that we can not jeopardize Pilgrim!
We would like to continue the transparency of this process to our members and always appreciate feedback.
Have a good weekend!
Thank you to everyone who attended the membership meeting last night. It was a good discussion and really appreciate all of the input you gave regarding our move to our new space.
I will be sending out a timeline next Tuesday that we will follow in regards to enrollment. In addition, you will be receiving a confirmation email about summer camp and the amount of camp tuition
I appreciate everyone's patience as we try to get back into the swing of our 'routine'. I am so excited about our future!!!
Have a great weekend and enjoy March Madness! (Go HEELS!)
Please see the attached letter in regards to enrollment for next year! I will put a copy in your folder as well.
I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your support!
I am attaching the summer camp info and registration for everyone. Forms are due back by this Friday (you can email them or drop in my folder) and payment is due by March 30th.
Thanks for your patience! Tell your friends about camp too--we have plenty of space for friends!
1-10 of 13