The 2017 spring consignment sale will be held on a Saturday, March 4th @ 8am to 12pm.
2025 Ephesus Church Road, Chapel Hill
This sale is Open to the Public! We invite you to Buy or Sell New and Used Children’s Clothes, Toys, Equipment, & Maternity and Nursing items. Sellers earn 65% of the price of each item sold. Proceeds benefit the Coop, a non-profit preschool.
Dates & Times:
Friday, : 5:30 pm- 8 pm
Drop off items at preschool – church education building next door. A sale volunteer will approve your items and sign you in. We reserve the right to deny inappropriate items. Non Co-op sellers should bring a self-addressed stamped envelope for your commission check. As a Seller, you may purchase items at this time. We will not have IOU’s.
Saturday, : 8 am- 12 pm
- Shop at the sale!
- Most items marked to 1/2 price at 11 am.
- Pick-up unsold items at 12 pm.
- At 12:30 pm, all unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
Tagging your items:
- Please wash or dry clean items as needed.
- Ironing clothing is recommended (this does make a difference).
- Close zippers and buttons.
- Please hang all clothing items on hangers with the hook facing left (like a question mark).
Create a tag for each item as follows:
- Use BEIGE masking tape about 2 inches long. We recommend using ball-point pen or fine tip Sharpie.
- If you DO NOT want your items sold for 1/2 price at 11am, use BLUE masking tape (painter’s tape).
- In LEFT corner, write your seller code. Your code is the first letter of your first name and the last four digits of your phone number.
- In the MIDDLE, write the size of the item.
- On the RIGHT, write the price, omitting the “$” symbol.
- Add a description below if helpful.
- We suggest pricing your items at 1/4 of retail, but consider age and condition. When in doubt, consider what you would pay for this item at a consignment sale.
- Facing the garment, place tags on the RIGHT of each piece (over the heart). Please do NOT use pins. (We’re trying to avoid them.)
- Carefully tag books and boxes.
- Put small items in Ziploc bags with a double layer of tape on outside (it’s very hard to get tape off plastic).
- We are not responsible for lost tags.
- Keeping the tags about the same size helps insure tags are not lost and makes totaling sales easier (and to make sure you get all your money!)
- Group outfits together, for example a shirt with a pair of shorts. Put each item on its own hanger and twist-tie them together with one price tag.
- Look on Ebay and Craigslist for like items to make sure yours is priced appropriately.
- For fuzzy items or for Ziploc bags, put on two pieces of tape (one over the other) so we can get the price tag off and make sure you get the money.
- If you’d like to type your tags - print them out on small address labels (1” x 1 3/4” or smaller) and put on top of a piece of masking tape. The labels stick well enough to the masking tape, but not to the fabric. Please remember, we are not responsible for lost tags.
- Put loose toys (like finger puppets or Matchbox cars) in a Ziploc bag or clear bag. Please do not bring an open box or bag of small items.
- In-season (Spring & Summer) Clothing (children’s, maternity, nursing) in good condition
- Children’s shoes in excellent condition
- Baby equipment: high chairs, carriers, strollers, pack-n-plays, exer-saucers, bouncers
- Children’s furniture: changing tables, gliders, Cribs (if drop side repair kit to immobilize is included-available from manufacturer). Rockers, kid tables/chairs, etc.
- Toys in good condition with all parts, including clean stuffed animals
- Children’s and parenting books
- Bikes, scooters or ride-on toys.
- Outdoor play structures or toys
- Halloween or dress up costumes
- Cloth diapers and covers in good condition.
- Nursery items
Items NOT Accepted:
- Car seats older than five years – the date will be on the seat.
- Clothing with holes or stains
- Scuffed or dirty shoes
- Broken toys or equipment or toys with missing or broken parts
- VHS Tapes
- Recalled Items – Please see below for more information.
Do NOT bring items that have been recalled. Sellers MUST check for recalls before bringing items. You can check the Consumer Products Safety Commission website www.cpsc.gov
for recalls, or Google the item to make sure it is not flagged as a recall. Another option is to go directly to the manufacturer's website and search their recalls. The Consumer Protection Agency has said that Resellers (which would be the Sellers themselves) must not sell recalled items. For your best interest as a Reseller, please make sure that recalled items are not brought to the sale. The Children’s Coop reserves the right to reject any item.
Thank you for your participation and support of our school!